Thursday, January 27, 2011

Social Media Maven's Magazine Insight


"Get your website ducks in a row before you attempt social media marketing." With these wise words AMPA's latest guest speaker Liz Hover sums up her sentiments about social media and magazines.

There was so much fabulous info that I need another day or so to succinctly present the highlights to you, but in the meantime here's more of what Liz had to say on her website www.lizhover.com (great resource for all!):


Thanks to the AMPA website I was able to look at all their member magazines online. One thing struck me – like a minus 44 windchill – social media is a waste of time if your website sucks. Yes, I know, there are website naysayers who predict the end of blogging and websites as we know it. But I love a good website. And I think I can say with 100% certainty that the good ‘ole website is here to stay for a while. Perhaps you’re even scratching your head saying ‘Of course social media is a waste of time if your website sucks.’ I think I’d just taken it for granted that folks knew that. I’ve learned that they don’t... 

Read more at www.lizhover.com

--- Rebecca Lesser
AMPA Communications & Programs Coordinator